[libdvdcss-devel] Please implement the XDG basedir spec

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Thu Aug 28 22:31:09 CEST 2014

On 27.08.2014, at 20:30, Apo Poro <baka7703 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> How about something like this patch? It migrates ~/.dvdcss if it exists to $XDG_DATA_HOME/dvdcss and uses the new location going forward.

To be honest I don't like the idea of silently renaming things (but others might disagree, it's just my opinion).
Also, it does not seem to handle errors, in case rename fails?
Not really about your patch since the old code did that already did, but what is up with the explicit 0 termination after snprintf?
Or is that a messy way to handle home_pos == PATH_MAX and the strncpy misdesign?
Either way it looks a bit scary to me.

Regards,
Reimar