[libdvdcss-devel] PowerPC (Ubuntu)

Israel israel at torios.org
Mon May 12 18:22:21 CEST 2014

Hi,

 I am unable to watch DVDs on PowerPC.
There is no version of Libdvdcss for PPC, and Fluendo doesn't make a
version of their DVD player for PPC.
So, I have taken to compiling PPC from source.
I have compiled it (though I needed to comment out a line for it to
configure).
I have also made an Ubuntu package to install it (using pbuilder)  on
the newest Lubuntu 14.04 I can get all the way to a DVD menu, which
consequently freezes VLC until I xkill it.

On 12.04 I simply get the DVD title in the window's title bar, and VLC
will not play it.

I really appreciate your software and your help in this issue.