[libdvdcss-devel] PowerPC (Ubuntu)

Israel israel at torios.org
Wed May 14 03:11:02 CEST 2014

On 05/13/2014 08:36 AM, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> Please don't top-post.
>
> On Mon, May 12, 2014 at 09:37:40PM -0500, Israel wrote:
>>> What did you (have to) change?
>> I think it was line 12 in configure.ac
>> LT_INIT([win32-dll])
> How did you change that line and what was the problem you were trying to fix?
>
> That line is a pretty standard libtool init call, so I very much wonder
> how anything could go wrong there...
>
> Diego
I am not entirely sure... it may have been another line.  But I
commented out a line (i.e. I added # at the beginning)  It wouldn't
compile and said that there was an error on that line.  I am not using
windows, so I just assumed it was having trouble since there are no
windows libraries on that computer.  I commented it out, and configure
went fine, as well as 'sudo make install'
The libraries installed, but didn't work.
Is there something I need to add (somewhere) for powerPC.  As I said
initially I am on GNU/Linux (specifically Lubuntu 14.04).
I also tried making a debian package using the debian stuff from one of
videolan's old pacakges, and using the 2.13 source.  It built the
package fine (I used bzr and pbuilder), and installed fine, but did not
work well.  I also tried building one for Ubuntu 12.04 (power PC) and
that did not work either.  After installing it, the video couldn't get
past the menu.  I did try more than one DVD (of course) to ensure the
DVD wasn't scratched or something.
If you want me to recompile it, and post the terminal output from a
fresh (non tampered) version I can.