[libdvdcss-devel] le grande cleanup

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Thu Oct 30 11:47:00 CET 2014

On Thu, Oct 30, 2014 at 08:10:32AM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> On 29.10.2014, at 21:33, Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:
> >    Drop support for OS/2.
> > 9 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 364 deletions(-)
> >
> >    Drop support for BeOS.
> > 7 files changed, 11 insertions(+), 181 deletions(-)
>
> As you noticed, BeOS (or possibly HaikuOS) and OS/2 do in fact have an active community.

IIUC Haiku has some community left, but BeOS is completely dead.  The
question is whether all that code is truly necessary to run on Haiku,
as opposed to BeOS.  I removed BeOS support from libav ages ago, but
Haiku was not affected.

> It might be worth pushing them to take some time and try to clean up the code though :)

Yeah, I do wonder why the OS/2 port creates so much more clutter than
QNX or BeOS.

> Solaris also might be kind of active, plus it is kind of POSIX
> especially nowadays, so I kind of feel like voting to keep it, but on
> the other hand I won't work on it so maybe shouldn't get a vote.

I do wonder if it compiles and works.  Somehow I suspect it hasn't been
tested in ages.

I also wonder about those BSD support hacks.  There are some extra hoops
for OpenBSD, but I very much wonder if they are still necessary now, 10+
years after their creation.

> > I think Windows 9x should go for sure.  The others we can discuss.
>
> Everyone complaining strongly should have read this sentence ;)

Indeed :)

Diego