[libdvdnav-devel] Cannot watch DVD (segmentation fault)

Francesco Turco fturco at fastmail.fm
Thu May 7 20:54:45 CEST 2015

Hello.

I have a DVD that I can't watch with the mpv video player because of a
segmentation fault, and I think the issue is with libdvdnav. The movie
is Jurassic Park. Other DVDs can be played just fine. The DVD is in very
good conditions and it is not scratched.

My distribution is Parabola GNU/Linux-libre (an Arch Linux derivative).
I rebuild both mpv and libdvdnav from source adding '!strip' to the
options variable and adding -O0 -fbuiltin -g to C(XX)FLAGS. mpv version
is 0.9.1-1. libdvdnav version is 5.0.2-1.

I'm attaching the backstrace. Please tell me if you need other details.