Possible Bug: While DVD Streaming

Pranjal Dutta (prdutta) prdutta at cisco.com
Sun Jun 20 23:02:43 CEST 2004

I am doing some experiment for DVD Streaming Features with VLC.

I did as follows:
        VLC is started as Server to Stream a DVD Disc using multicast and
also the option "play locally" is selected.
        Another instance of VLC is started as Client which joins the
Multicast group in which the Server streams.
        First the server plays the Main Menu which is seen at the Client as
well as on the local screen.
        Now on the local screen one Menu item (Title X)is selected. Now the
Title starts and accordingly the same change is observed in VLC
        Client.  At this moment before playing out the Selected Title X the
Local Screen at the Server Breaks and the Server hangs up.
        I don't know why this happenned? If I do the same experiment
without the "play locally" option at the Server and rather select titles
from the Navigation Bar, everything works fine.

-Pranjal