[mpris] Re: MPRIS Media player Remote Interfacing Specification

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Feb 13 19:14:16 CET 2007

On Tuesday 13 February 2007 15:07, Mirsal ENNAIME wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:

> > What good are the other objects for if I can call all methods on the root
> > object?
> >
> > Or should org.freedesktop.MediaPlayer.Play do something different
> > depending on the object it is relayed to?
>
> There's no method that is present on more than one object, and they are
> there, as far as I know, only for a better interface organisation.

Oh, I see, a misunderstanding.

You are using the term "interface" in its generic meaning and I, being a D-Bus
bindings developer, assumed you meant "D-Bus interface" :)

Maybe you should put a note onto the wiki that the name of each D-Bus
interface will be decided later on.

Rigth now, from D-Bus people's point if view, it looks like there will be one
D-Bus interface, which either implies that all nodes implement this one
interface or that there is a contradiction between different parts of the
draft.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring