[mpris] rspec specification for MPRIS 1.0

Nicholas J Humfrey njh at aelius.com
Tue May 13 00:52:54 CEST 2008

Hi,

I have just finished writing the first draft of a specification test
for MPRIS 1.0. I have written in using rspec + ruby-dbus. It does not
use the MPRIS ruby gem I wrote, so that it tests the minimum possible.
rspec isn't typically used like this, but it has worked pretty well
for this.

Spec file is here:
http://mpris.rubyforge.org/svn/trunk/spec/mpris_v10_spec.rb

Get rspec here:
http://rspec.info/

And ruby-dbus here:
https://trac.luon.net/ruby-dbus/

Once you have those installed:
1. update the spec file to list of three local MP3 files
2. fire up your media player (eg vlc --control dbus)
3. run: spec --format specdoc mpris_v10_spec.rb

Thank you very much to everyone for fixing lots of bugs in the VLC
implementation, it now only fails a couple of my tests!

- AddTrack should be returning 0 to indicate success (currently
doesn't return anything)
- DelTrack doesn't work for me

My test results are attached.

nick.