[mpris] Fwd: MPRIS v2 proposal

Ian Monroe ian.monroe at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 18:26:39 CEST 2009

2009/4/1 Rémi Denis-Courmont <remi at remlab.net>:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 11:18:29 -0500, Ian Monroe <ian.monroe at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I don't know what an Elementary Stream is so I can't think of a better
>> name either. :P
>>
>> What is it?
>
> Wikipedia is your friend:
> "An elementary stream (ES) (...) is usually the output of an audio or video
> encoder."

So I guess the ElementaryStream object is meant to manipulate these
streams? Are you sure it shouldn't just go in MediaPlayer, where the
current methods that affect whats going on now are put? Or would each
stream have its own ElementaryStream object?

So why not just call it stream? Outside of the low-level media hackers
(its a definition from the MPEG standard, lol), no one knows what an
elementary stream is.

Ian