[mpris] [RFC] MPRIS2 Release Candidate

Johannes Sasongko sasongko at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 01:54:08 CEST 2010

> Maybe MPRIS should drop its ability to
> handle multiple playlists since thats getting quite collection-esque.
> (Or whats the use case exactly?)

The use case I can imagine is for something like Exaile's multiple-tab
interface [1].

I do agree with Alex, though, that it's too late to introduce this in
MPRIS 2.0. (Even Exaile probably won't implement that feature in its
D-Bus interface. We currently only expose information for the
currently playing *track*.)

Johannes

[1] I don't have a handy screenshot to show for those unfamiliar with
the idea, but you can sort of see it in this picture where it says
"Playlist 1": http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/8595/screenshot005mz.png