[mpris] [RFC] MPRIS2 Release Candidate

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Mon Aug 9 03:01:42 CEST 2010

  On 07/08/10 19:20, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> On Thu, 29.07.10 15:29, Mirsal Ennaime (mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like to propose this document as a mpris 2.0 release candidate:
>>
>> http://www.mpris.org/mirsal/2.0-draft/spec.html
>>
>> Could you have a look at it and share any remark, concern, improvement
>> proposal you have in mind ?
> A few comments:
[snip]

http://www.randomguy3.me.uk/mpris/

http://gitorious.org/~randomguy3/mpris/mpris/commits/lennart

I've ditched the property change signals in favour of the new D-Bus
standard.  I've ditched the capabilities stuff in favour of booleans and
optional properties (where getting a NotSupported error when you try to
access a property tells you that it's not implemented).  Times are all
in microseconds.  AdjustVolume is gone.

The playlist stuff is the most drastic, and it has impinged on the
Player interface (note that Metadata has been replaced with CurrentItem,
which is a map of properties but possibly should just be a reference to
the MediaItem).  Currently, there is only the concept of a current
playlist.  There is no mechanism to list other playlists - I'm not sure
where exactly to put that.  Do we want to expose a hierarchy, like
MediaServer2, or a flat list (in which case it should be done with a
PlaylistCount property, a ListPlaylists method and a PlaylistsChanged
signal)?

Let me know your thoughts.

Alex