[mpris] [RFC] MPRIS2 Release Candidate

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 21:30:08 CEST 2010

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Zeeshan Ali <zeenix at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello !

> Sorry to jump in the middle of this discussion but talking of new/better
> D-Bus spe, I was wondering if its possible to add the following two
> properties to Player interface:
>
> * mime-types: List of mime-types supported by the player
> * protocols: List of protocols (e.g HTTP, RTSP etc) supported by the player

Yes, now that we're in for another round of changes, they should make
it in the spec.
Though I would rather call them "supported-mime-types" and
"supported-uri-schemes", with the latter referring to uri scheme names
rather than to protocol names (which are usually the same, anyway)

> If so, I can ditch the MediaPlayer[1] interface that I'm cooking-up for
> Rygel[2] and just use the MPRIS2 spec.

I think it would be redundant indeed :)

--
Mirsal