[mpris] [ANN] MPRIS v2.0

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeenix at gmail.com
Thu Aug 12 17:13:48 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 6:07 PM, Mirsal Ennaime
<mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Ian Monroe <ian at monroe.nu> wrote:
>> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:17 AM, Mirsal Ennaime
>> Actually just now looking at the D-Bus spec:
>> http://dbus.freedesktop.org/doc/dbus-specification.html#message-protocol-marshaling-object-path
>>
>> The requirement that "Each element must only contain the ASCII
>> characters "[A-Z][a-z][0-9]_" does mean that a map might have to be
>> maintained. Or some sort of coding and decoding function that I
>> haven't heard of needs to be used, or else we're kinda screwed when it
>> comes to non-ASCII characters in the file name. (If it allowed % it
>> would be easy, just use HTML encoding, but it doesn't).
>
> Ah, this is indeed an issue.
> Using base64 encoding would work though.

  Yeah, we had a similar issue with object IDs: Putting them in URLs
and making crappy upnp devices (that can't deal with various non-ASCII
characters in URIs) happy and we solved it using base64 encoding.

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124