[mpris] [ANN] MPRIS v2.0

Lennart Poettering lennart at poettering.net
Sat Aug 14 17:57:24 CEST 2010

On Fri, 13.08.10 11:21, Ian Monroe (ian at monroe.nu) wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 11:17 AM, Alex Merry <kde at randomguy3.me.uk> wrote:

> >> Having actually read the final version of the spec:
> >
> > Oh, and I'd like to say for the record (and for future ventures into writing
> > interoperability specifications) that the way I think this should have gone
> > down is that we released a second RC, refused to accept any further major
> > changes, and the Ubuntu guys with their deadlines should have implemented
> > the RC version (on the basis that there wouldn't be significant changes
> > before the final version).
>
> That sounds rather reasonable. I say we go ahead and rebrand the 2.0
> spec a 2.0rc1 since with the typos that's what it is anyways.

Folks, don't take this all to serious. Personally I believe that this
should be a "living" spec anyway, i.e. you shouldn't be afraid of
continously making minor additions, typo fixes, without making too big a
fuss about it. Publish a git repo and then everybody can follow your
changes anyway. And only announce the big changes.

This is not a super-official standardizing forum. This is just a an
agreement between a number of free software folks. There's really no
need to come up with a bureaucratic process with RC cycles and whatever
for this, really.

So, make your fixes in the git repo, update the web site and be merry.

Lennart

--
Lennart Poettering - Red Hat, Inc.