[mpris] MPRIS v2.1

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Aug 18 20:28:33 CEST 2010

  On 18/08/10 19:11, Ian Monroe wrote:
> I notice it doesn't support seeing whats in the playlist. Does Ubuntu
> not require that really?
>
> Should make it easy to support dynamic playlists and so forth this
> way, so that's nice.

No - they just want to put a selection of, say, the 5 most
recently-created/modified playlists in their menu, and allow one to be
selected.

I think that if you wanted to list the items in the playlist, you'd want
to list the whole playlist.  And our TrackList interface isn't designed
for that.  And, unless you want to do playlist editing in the client,
I'm not sure what the point would be.

If users don't give their playlists sensible names, then that's their
problem :-)

Alex