[mpris] Playlist extension observations

Conor Curran conor.curran at canonical.com
Fri Dec 10 20:05:53 CET 2010

On 10/12/10 18:41, Ian Monroe wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 10, 2010 at 12:12, Conor Curran
> <conor.curran at canonical.com <mailto:conor.curran at canonical.com>> wrote:
>
>     I just did some research on the vala dbus async api. It looks as
>     if the good vala people have taken care of the async behaviour.
>     Therefore the GetPlaylists can pretty much stay the same.
>

> How can vala people take care of the async behavior? A d-bus api that
> is sync is sync, nothing a dbus binding can change about that. Your
> initial reasons for needing async are unclear to me, perhaps this is
> why I'm confused.

It is asynchronous in relation to the application thread. Vala will
offline the dbus call to a separate thread and come back once it's
ready. This is all I basically need so that my app does not block if
something goes screwy happens with that call. That is all I was looking for.

Good weekend.
Conor