[mpris] [RFC] MPRIS2 Release Candidate

Ian Monroe ian at monroe.nu
Fri Jul 30 19:30:11 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Mirsal Ennaime
<mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Johannes Sasongko <sasongko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Oh, and just throwing an idea out there, would SetVolume(int value) be
>> preferable to AdjustVolume(int diff)?
>
> "Volume" is a read / write property, so there is no need for a SetVolume method.
> AdjustVolume allows client to avoid a dbus round trip in some cases.
>
>> There was also a suggestion (IIRC in the wiki) about using 0.0--1.0
>> for the volume range, for a bit more accuracy. Personally I don't
>> think it would be useful, though.

Using a double for volume is more clear though, since then it would
obviously be 0.0-1.0. Having 101 volume steps is less obvious. Also we
should error on the side of precision when we can.

Volume_Step is just confusing as an integer. I don't really get it.

Ian