[mpris] [ANN] libmpris

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal.ennaime at gmail.com
Mon Jun 14 09:07:53 CEST 2010

2010/6/14 Jorge Villaseñor <salinasv at gmail.com>:
> I agree and looks like a good idea to me. Do you think it worth to
> port it now or wait until version 2 is finished and just write the lib
> for the new revision? Maybe adding another configure flag and maintain
> code for MPRISv1 and MPRISv2 in the same repo, what do you think?

The spec is currently undergoing a very heavy lifting so I'd advise
waiting for a few days until the new stuff being discussed lands in a
formal draft. Having a reference implementation early would be nice
though.
The new code should definitely lay in the same repo, but maybe a
simple branch will be enough.

> Regarding of the mainternership of the project, I don't have issues
> with maintaing it. I can add your key to github repo so you can push
> there or if you have a better place to host it, we can move over
> there. It would be really nice to have an active bugtracker and more
> distro packagement (I'm maintaining it in the Archlinux User
> Reposotry).

Cool !

I'd rather do it the git way: releases are based on your repo, people
commit patches on theirs, then they send you pull requests.
The freedesktop.org infrastructure looks like the most sensible place
to host the project, and the spec itself will probably end there as
well once we release 2.0

--
Mirsal