[mpris] Playlist extension

Conor Curran conor.curran at canonical.com
Fri Nov 19 13:49:26 CET 2010

Good stuff Johannes.

I suggest then we try to agree upon the final spec.

As we spoke of before these were the guidelines.

- a playlist is a set of tracks, without any assumption as to how the
set is determined
- you can list the available playlists, with their respective name and
icon.
- you can start playing a playlist.
- can query to see if there is a current active playlist (a playlist
which is playing)
   and if so fetch it.
- a signal to inform that the playlist has changed

Ian raised concerns about

>  Regardless the spec needs some more "conceptual" defintion of what sort of
>  playlist should be returned

Obviously we want simple static playlists (of the traditional sort). Do
we want to go down dynamic playlist route ?

 > and the intended use-case to ensure some
>  uniformity between players.

My simple use-case which I'm sure everybody is tired of hearing by now
can be read here.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/SoundMenu#Playlist%20submenu

Conor