[mpris] Freedesktop.org hosting

Mirsal Ennaime mirsal at mirsal.fr
Fri Mar 18 02:34:59 CET 2011

Hello !

On Thu, 2011-03-17 at 21:06 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> I'm going to submit a request to FDO for hosting for MPRIS.  This will
> include use of git, bugzilla, webspace and the mailing list at FDO (so
> I'm proposing we move from using videolan.org for email).

Good, I think moving to fdo just makes sense now.

> I propose the following:
>
> Mirsal and I should be able to approve new members to the project (I'm
> assuming they allow more than one person to do this).
>
> A single git repository, called mpris/mpris-spec.git, with the following
> (we may want another git repo at a later point, if I ever manage to
> finish my compliance-testing tool).
>
> Bugzilla product description: "Media Player Remote Interfacing
> Specification for D-Bus"
>
> Bugzilla components: spec ("The MPRIS specification"), spec-tools ("The
> code and makefiles used to convert the spec into HTML and other
> formats"); the default assignee for both of these can be me.
>
> A single mailing list: mpris. I'm happy to be the administrator.

Agreed :)

> Mirsal: if you want to take on any of the duties I volunteered for
> (bugzilla assignee/mailing list admin), that's fine by me.

I'll be glad to take on a part of them, if you wish to distribute them.
Though, managing the list will not require much work if any at all, and
being the default assignee in bugzilla won't really make any practical
difference neither, given the nature of this project.

best regards,

--
mirsal