[mpris] Compliance tester

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Tue Nov 15 00:02:14 CET 2011

I just want to point people towards a compliance testing application
I've been working on for media players implementing the MPRIS2
specification.

It can be found at
https://github.com/randomguy3/mpristester/

It currently covers the root and Player interfaces, and is fairly
thorough about the tests it performs.  It isn't an automated testing
tool - testing the setting of properties and calling methods requires
user interaction.  Currently, it doesn't check that the desired effect
was had, but that's something I want to add.

It requires Qt - at least 4.5, and possibly 4.6.  It can be built with
either qmake or cmake.

TrackList and Playlists support should follow at some point.

I've used it to fix Amarok's MPRIS2 support.  Hopefully other
implementors will find it useful, too.  If you want to contribute to it,
just let me know - I'd be happy to have help.

Alex