[mpris] TrackList interface

Alex Merry kde at randomguy3.me.uk
Wed Nov 23 11:39:31 CET 2011

On 18/11/11 01:59, mirsal wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-11-15 at 16:10 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
>> So, we need some other value to represent "no track".  Maybe "/", the
>> root path?
>
> Indeed, I'd say either that,
> or /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/prepend which would allow adding
> its 'append' counterpart in a later version.

I like that approach, although if we want it to be extensible, we'll
have to declare the /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/ space off-limits
for media player use, except as prescribed by the standard.

In fact, it might be worth explicitly stating that media player
implementations should use either paths outside of /org/mpris or an
explicitly "allowed" space (say /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/Tracks/).

I think this is a sensible approach anyway, so shall we go with that?

Alex