[mpris] TrackList interface

mirsal mirsal at mirsal.fr
Fri Nov 25 11:46:51 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-11-25 at 09:59 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> On 24/11/11 19:27, mirsal wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-11-23 at 16:58 +0000, Alex Merry wrote:
> >> We also need a way of specifying "none" for the current track.  Perhaps
> >> /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/NoTrack
> >> (or NoCurrentTrack).
> >
> > I'm not sure about this as empty strings are used throughout the spec for
> > that purpose, which sounds fine, and changing that kind of behavior would
> > certainly raise a few issues.
> >
> > Am I missing something here ?
>
> I'm referring specifically to the TrackList.TrackListReplaced signal,
> which includes an 'o' argument for the current track.  Like all the
> other 'o' arguments, this can't be an empty string.

Indeed, The AfterTrack parameter in the TrackAdded signal needs this as
well. /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/NoTrack should do it.

> The current track is what is referred to in the Metadata property of the
> Player interface.

Yes, and I think we should not
use /org/mpris/MediaPlayer2/TrackList/NoTrack there, as current
implementations consider that the presence of a mpris:trackid is a
sufficient indication that there is a current track.

Best,

--
mirsal