[mpris] Plans for media library interfacing?

Eren Inan Canpolat eren.canpolat at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 19:39:07 CET 2012

Hi,

I wonder if the MPRIS project has any plans for defining a standard
interface for controlling media libraries. This could include re-scanning
media files that may have changed, editing metadata for the media files,
file-name operations, etc.

Maybe a protocol like MPRIS is not the most efficient way of handling such
functionality and the media players may not be willing to implement the
functionality since this may require a (not very resource efficient)
complicated setup but I would like to hear your position in terms of such a
standardization.

As a side question I would like to ask if there is any implementation of a
media library that uses a client-server model? I haven't come across any.

Thanks in advance,
Eren Inan Canpolat