[multicat-devel] IPv6 support for multicat (patch attached)

Matthias Schiffer mschiffer at universe-factory.net
Fri Oct 15 03:02:16 CEST 2010

 Hi,
I've added IPv6 support to multicat to experiment with IPv6 multicast.
It isn't heavily tested, but it seems to work quite well.

The attached patch allows to specify IPv6 addresses like this:

Just the address: 2001:0db8::1
With port number: [2001:0db8::1]:1337
Link-local multicast: ff12::2342%eth0
Link-local multicast with port: [ff12::2342%eth0]:1337

It should also work with global multicast (or any other scope), but I
haven't set up a test environment for that yet...

I also haven't tested if the other tools in the multicat repository work
with IPv6.

Matthias Schiffer