[multicat-devel] State of FreeBSD support?

Ed Maste emaste at freebsd.org
Tue Jul 5 15:39:00 CEST 2016

I see on Multicat's page that it should run on Linux, FreeBSD and OS
X, but my attempt to build it failed on FreeBSD:

In file included from multicat.c:59:
./util.h:62:19: error: field has incomplete type 'struct iphdr'
    struct  iphdr iph;
                  ^
./util.h:62:13: note: forward declaration of 'struct iphdr'
    struct  iphdr iph;
            ^
multicat.c:282:20: error: no member named 'len' in 'struct udphdr'
    pktheader.udph.len

A quick glance at the source suggests it's using GNU's non-standard IP
and UDP header definitions. I'm happy to look into it, but wanted to
inquire about the state of FreeBSD support first. When did it last
build on FreeBSD, and on which FreeBSD version?

-Ed