[multicat-devel] [patch] Improved FreeBSD support

Dmitry Marakasov amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru
Tue Oct 11 12:48:43 CEST 2016

Hi!

People frequently ask about multicat on FreeBSD on one Russian FreeBSD
forum, so I've decided to look at it and improve FreeBSD support. I've
fixed build and added #ifdefs to use FreeBSD-specific IP/UDP header
structures. Also raw socket handling had to be fixed, as it requires
setsockopt(IP_HDRINCL) to specify that IP header is provided by an
application and should not be prepended by the kernel. I'm not sure why
it was not used on Linux which should behave the same way.

I've tested the application and it works

multicat -u -U -w @225.1.2.3:1234 225.2.3.4:12345/srcaddr=192.168.192.168

traffic shows on 225.2.3.4 and src address is correctly set.

People are currently testing it in production and I plan to add it to
FreeBSD ports collection.

Here's the patch set:

https://github.com/AMDmi3/multicat/compare/master...freebsd

I wonder if it could be reviewed and merged upstream.

--
Dmitry Marakasov   .   55B5 0596 FF1E 8D84 5F56  9510 D35A 80DD F9D2 F77D
amdmi3 at amdmi3.ru  ..:  jabber: amdmi3 at jabber.ru      http://amdmi3.ru