[streaming] Re: Telnet session and PERL script

Damien LUCAS nitrox at videolan.org
Mon Jun 2 16:29:58 CEST 2003

MICHEL NGUYEN wrote:
> $vls = new Net::Telnet (Host=>"XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX", Port=>9999);
> $vls -> login(Name=>'user',Password=>'passwd');
> #print $vls->cmd("help");
>

> Where is my error ? Have I done anything wrong ?

Net::Telnet::login() function is expecting regular login and password
prompts. As vls telnet interface was hand-written, it doesnot match
regular login and password prompts.

You may try to change the prompts in 'src/telnet/telnet.cpp' (or in
'src/modules/telnetinterface/telnetinterface.cpp' for CVS version) in
order to make them regular.

Another solution would be to use more basic functions like 'waitfor' and
'print'.

Regards,

--
nitrox