[streaming] Troubles compiling vls

Cameron McCormack clm at csse.monash.edu.au
Sat Jun 7 12:06:06 CEST 2003

I'm compiling vls from CVS sources (from June 1 as suggested by Tristan)
so I can have a v4l input source, but I'm still having some problems.

Firstly, compiling ffmpeg for use with vls was a bit of a debacle.  The
vls configure script had a great deal of trouble finding the libavcodec
headers and archive.  The ffmpeg Makefile installed avcodec.h in
/usr/local/include/ffmpeg and libavcodec.a in /usr/local/lib, but I
couldn't make the configure script until I made a directory "libavcodec"
under /usr/local/include/ffmpeg, and copied
/usr/local/include/ffmpeg/{avcodec,common}.h and
/usr/local/lib/libavcodec.a into it, and used the command line:

  ./configure --enable-v4l --with-ffmpeg=/usr/local/include/ffmpeg

And now, the configure script is stopping with

  checking dvbpsi/dvbpsi.h usability... no
  checking dvbpsi/dvbpsi.h presence... no
  checking for dvbpsi/dvbpsi.h... no
  configure: error: cannot find libdvbpsi headers

even though I didn't say --enable-dvb on configure's command line.  How
can I get it not to look for libdvbpsi without just deleting that
section of configure?

Thanks,

Cameron

--