[streaming] Re: VLS and BT878. Bad Capture.

Johann Soukup jsoukup at netlantic.de
Mon Jun 16 12:31:53 CEST 2003

Hello

I think the Hauppauge is the better choice because it's full compliant
to the
Siemens card with the TechnoTrend chipset which is supported by als the
DVB projects.

I think the Pinnacle PCTV Pro card with the BT878 chipset has so far
no audio support under Linux. Because there is no native driver for the
BT878 chipset and it uses just the old driver for the BT848 chipset
which
was just video only.

Best Reagrds

 - Johann

Javier Martinez schrieb:

> Thanks for your reply,
>
> I have found that Hauppauge WinTV is an MPEG2 adquisition card. Are
> you streaming MPEG4 with this card?
> Pinnacle have 2 Pro cards:
>     - Pinnacle Pro-One (very good card) (700 $)
>     - Pinnacle PCTV Pro (BT878)
> Which one is yours?
>
> Regards,
>     Javier
>
> Philippe Van Hecke wrote:
>
>> On Monday 16 June 2003 09:41, you wrote:
>>
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > We are using VLS in order to stream MPEG4 video with an adquisition
>> > card.
>> > Our video signal must be transmitted with these parameters:
>> >    Size: CIF   FPS: 25
>> > But when we put this config into VLS the movement on the screen
>> > does not
>> > seem continously. There are not regular transitions in the
>> > movement.
>> >
>> > We have tried to capture directly with 'xawtv' and the behaviour is
>> > the
>> > same. We think that our card is not able to adquire video at 25FPS
>> > and
>> > size CIF.
>> >
>> > The adquisition Card is an AverMedia AverTV 203 with BT878.
>> >
>> > Does anyone know a better adquisition card supported with this
>> > software?
>> > What are the results?
>> > Is Pinnacle DC10+ supported to stream MPEG4 video with VLS?
>> >
>> I have try with Pinnacle Pro card and with Hauppauge WinTV.
>> There is no problem to stream full PAL with vls and these cards
>>

> -- This is the streaming mailing-list, see
> http://www.videolan.org/streaming/ To unsubscribe, please read
> http://www.videolan.org/support/lists.html If you are in trouble,
> please contact

 Netlantic GmbH          | phone +49 8122 222830-37
 Johann Soukup           | fax   +49 8122 222830-79
 Hallbergmooser Str. 5   |  http://www.netlantic.de
 D-85445 Schwaig/Munich  |  j.soukup at netlantic.de