[streaming] Re: Stream DVB Channel: [ERROR/input1] Read erro r for program "Input DVB input1"

Kabutor kabutor at terra.es
Tue Jun 17 16:11:43 CEST 2003

Hi

I'm new so sorry if I said some silly things, also spanish so my English
is not really good :)

>So maybe the problems we are experience are caused by
>compatibility/configuration issues between vls and the DiSEcq Switch ?!
>Damien, what about you ? Single LNB or switch matrix ?

Well, I don't think so, because I have the same problem here with single
LNB, also same problem:

vls -vv -d udp:192.168.0.30 dvb:"ORB" --ttl 12
[ERROR/input1]  Read error for program "Input DVB input1"
(it gets hang i have to kill -9)

I tried several things, first of all search in this mailing list, and
the only thing I now for sure is that the DVB is well configurated,
because if I make the
./satscan 0192.idx (taken from http://www.satcodx2.com/_data/0192.sdx)
it scan Astra and returns some channels (if i exec satscan without
argument it returns garbage as well), channels that I can't capture the
output, I tried satscan 0192.idx > .dvbrc but nothing cames in that file.

I'm using Gentoo Linux but not the officil Gentoo ebuilds, because they
are a bit outdated, I tried with the drives in the libdvb site, and the
CVS 1.0.0-pre3 on Linux-tv and with both of them the same, recompiled
VLS 0.5.3 several times, with libdvb 0.4.0 and libdvb-psi 0.1.2.

Also I tested VLS with and MPEG2 video and it works fine.

I liked to record some videos, to check for sure that DVB card is
working but the DVB card is without monitor or tv, so Im trying to find
some console thing that records some channel locally get with ftp and
try to see if there's any problem with that so I can blame VLS :-D

My card is a Nexus-S and kernel 2.4.20 (several times compiled to add
v4lin and i2c all as modules)

If someone can give any advice in what to try, i can do it is a
non-production box, I'm thinking in testing old VLS versions, anyone
with similar card and VLS working?

vls.cfg (crippled)
-----------
BEGIN "Inputs"
  local1       = "local"                # Local input example
  dvb          = "dvb"                 # Video input example (DVB card)
END

BEGIN "dvb"
  DeviceNumber = "0"                   # /dev/dvb/adapter<i>
  SendMethod   = "0"                   # 0 - Send All Pids
                                     # 1 - Send only MPEG2 datas
END

lsmod
-------
dvb-ttpci             308148   0
evdev                   4640   0  (unused)
input                   3488   0  [dvb-ttpci evdev]
ves1820                 4540   0
stv0299                 7664   0  (unused)
grundig_29504-491       4128   0
grundig_29504-401       4584   0
alps_tdlb7              4524   0
alps_tdmb7              4324   0
alps_bsrv2              4440   0
dvb-core               42052   3  [dvb-ttpci ves1820 stv0299
grundig_29504-491 grundig_29504-401 alps_tdlb7 alps_tdmb7 alps_bsrv2]
videodev                6176   1  [dvb-ttpci]