[streaming] Re: multicasting to non vlc

Paul Rae PRae at aminocom.com
Fri Mar 5 17:28:48 CET 2004

Unfortonatly you will not be able to multicast the streams over the net(well not 100% true unless you are a isp / provider / etc ... and you want to provide content to you customers). You will have to unicast out to specific clients or look at the http streaming options.

I don't use wmp myself, but I don't think it supports udp multicasting out the box anyway and requires external codecs???