[streaming] Re: Video conference chat tool planned

Marc Manthey marc at let.de
Fri Apr 22 12:59:21 CEST 2005

On 22. Apr 2005, at 12:42 Uhr, Jean-Paul Saman wrote:

> Marc Manthey wrote:
>
>> Hello Experts,
>>
>> perhaps this list is not the correct one. Could
>> you then be so kind and forward my lines to people
>> interested in?
>>
>> My inquiry is about a video/streaming chat tool.
>>
>> Long times ago, there was a smart video chat tool,
>> called CuSeeMe. I am tied a little bit on the tool.
>> Nowadays with the time for video chat tools
>> is coming back with power.
>>
>> So, I thought, it would be a smart idea to
>> update CuSeeMee (or whatsoever) to todays
>> state-of-the-Art techniques.
>> Now I found, that the sources of CuSeeMe are
>> no longer available. Somehow they are gone.
>>
>> What do you think about the idea of rebuilding
>> it ? a Streaming Server a video chat conference tool?
>>
>> Any comment or fingertip is highly appreciated and
>> would be thankfully answered.
>>
>> So once again, sorry for bothering you with, perhaps
>> an Off-Topic theme.
>>
>> Greetings, and  have a look
>>
>> http://www.cuseeme.de
>
> Why don't you use gnomemeeting for this? It is exactly what you are
> looking for.
>
> Greetings,
> Jean-Paul Saman.

hello paul /all ,

i am on mac osx thats the problem ,
gnome meeting  has multiconferencing  capabilitys ?
i only  found  this  client  here
http://vchat.cu-seeme.org/download.html but there is  no source
don´t  wanna  start with vic,vat and rat;)

thanks

marc

> --

"Reality is what, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.
Failure is not an option. It is a privilege reserved for those who try."

    Marc Manthey
D - 50672 Cologne
West Germany
office: 0049.221.355.80.32