[streaming] RTSP server PLAY response

Nilsson, Per Anders PerAnders.Nilsson.x at sonyericsson.com
Thu Apr 28 14:26:11 CEST 2005

Hi,

I am running vlc as an rtsp server, but the response I get from VLC when
the player sends the PLAY command does not contain the rtptime
information that I expect.

I expect an answer like this:

Received PLAY response: RTSP/1.0 200 OK
CSeq: 5
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 09:54:27 GMT
Session: 409724667-3;timeout=80
RTP-Info:
url=rtsp://172.31.77.7/Exploit/allenatori.3gp/streamid=0;seq=0;
rtptime=0,
url=rtsp://172.31.77.7/Exploit/allenatori.3gp/streamid=1;seq=0;
rtptime=0
Range: npt=0-

but I do not get any "RTP-Info" fields. Please see "my VLC response"
below:

Sending to stream server
--------------
PLAY rtsp://myfile.sdp RTSP/1.0
CSeq: 2
Session: 1804289383
Range: npt=0.000-335.750

Received from stream server
--------------
RTSP/1.0 200 OK
Server: VLC Server
Cseq: 2
Cache-Control: no-cache
Session: 1804289383;timeout=5

Is this due to that my player does an incorrect setup or do I have to
configure VLC in any specific way in order to have it respond with the
RTP-Info as well?

Regards
PA Nilsson