[streaming] Re: RTCP Server Implementation using live.com

Torben Knerr ukio at gmx.de
Fri Apr 29 09:31:55 CEST 2005

Gildas Bazin wrote:

>On Thursday 28 April 2005 19:50, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
>

>>Le Jeudi 28 Avril 2005 20:37, Ross Finlayson a écrit :
>>

>>>Does VLC currently have any significant network streaming
>>>functionality that is *not* currently available in the LIVE.COM
>>>libraries?  If so, let me know, and I'll look into adding this to the
>>>LIVE.COM code - so we can move towards migrating VLC to use this for
>>>more of its streaming functionality.
>>>

>>IPv6.
>>

>No offence but VLC has lots of streaming features that live.com doesn't
>support. The major ones being on the fly transcoding, stream duplication,
>different muxers, http and mmsh streaming, SAP announcement, etc...

I fully agree with that, especially the live transcoding feature is
absolutely indispensable!
Thats one of the things why vlc is my favorite.

But as you mentioned in some posts before,
 > would likely be easier to just implement the RTCP support we are
missing. -- Gildas
would it be possible to implement RTCP for the next release?

It has been requested so often and is a substantial part of RTP, not for
nothing they are
both described in the same RFC (namely 3550) and they definitely belong
together.
So if you claim to support RTP, you should also support RTCP.

You would make many people happy with that (including me :))!

Best regards,
Torben