[streaming] Re: RTCP Server Implementation using live.com

Siphiwe Nelwamondo lovelysiphiwe at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 29 09:45:57 CEST 2005

Hi Gildas Bazin

I am interested in one of the features of VLC that you mentioned - on the fly transcoding. I have a server that has videos and streams them over 802.11b using VLC. I am developing a controller that monitors network congestion and I want to do on the fly transcoding to vary the bit rate as congestion increases.

Could you please explain to me how can I do on the fly transcoding on VLC.

Thank you in advance

Gift

Gildas Bazin <gbazin at altern.org> wrote:
On Thursday 28 April 2005 19:50, Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:
> Le Jeudi 28 Avril 2005 20:37, Ross Finlayson a écrit :
> > Does VLC currently have any significant network streaming
> > functionality that is *not* currently available in the LIVE.COM
> > libraries? If so, let me know, and I'll look into adding this to the
> > LIVE.COM code - so we can move towards migrating VLC to use this for
> > more of its streaming functionality.
>
> IPv6.

No offence but VLC has lots of streaming features that live.com doesn't
support. The major ones being on the fly transcoding, stream duplication,
different muxers, http and mmsh streaming, SAP announcement, etc...

--
Gildas

http://mail.yahoo.com