[streaming] Re: create 3gp compliant content with vlc

Benjamin Pracht bigben+spam at videolan.org
Fri Apr 29 16:35:26 CEST 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005, Torben Knerr wrote :

> is it possible to create 3gp compliant mp4 or 3gp files?
> has anyone managed to get a vlc-encoded video file
> work on a phone??
>
> i have a nokia 6630, but it doesn't work for me,
> neither with mp4 nor with h263...

Well, I never tryed that, but does your phone support the AAC audio
codec, or only AMR ?

If it is the later, you need to recompile VLC yourself with a AAC
enabled version of ffmpeg. We do not provide such a version of VLC
becuase of licensing issues with the 3rd part lib ffmpeg is using to
support AMR.

--
BigBen