[streaming] Re: Transcoding Otions

prasadbgr prasadbgr at multitech.co.in
Wed Jul 6 14:21:40 CEST 2005

Hi,

    Thanks for the response.

 I have installed vlc by compiling the source.
The following options I have given while configuring.
./configure --enable-dvb --enable-pvr --enable-v4l --enable-mozilla
--enable-dvbpsi --enable-ffmpeg --with-ffmpeg-tree=/root/FFMpeg-20050513/

Actually I was trying to record the video coming from Hauppage tv card
by giving transcoding options like
"#transcode{vcodec=mp2v,vb=1024,acodec=mpga,ab=192}".
But I was getting some errors like

"only YUV420 is supported"

And I also tried normal video file to transcode but that also didn't work It was giving error like
"cannot create video packetiser".

I doubt whether I have installed complete package of vlc source?

Please help me in solving this problem..

And one more thing I want to know how to enable dvb while installing vlc rpms....

Thanks in Advance
Prasad