[streaming] Re: DVB channel multicasted using RTSP

Matthew Geier matthew at arts.usyd.edu.au
Wed Nov 9 21:08:44 CET 2005

Honorius Galmeanu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to transmit a DVB channel through RTSP multicast. All I
> succeded was
> to transmit the DVB channer unicast with RTSP (using rtp module), or to
> transmit the DVB channel using RTP multicast (but with std module).
> Is there a way to transmit RTSP using rtp module, multicast ? Also, is
> it possible to select between channels (using RTSP) ?

  Some one correct me if i'm wrong - but multicast and RTSP doesn't make
sense to me. RTSP is a control protocol - if you are multicasting you
have multiple listeners - do you really want multiple listeners to all
be able to change the source ?.

  Changing channel is sort of easy - you multicast em all, and the user
changes multicast groups to change channels. Especially easy if all the
interesting channels are on the same multiplex.