[streaming] Re: VLC and HD streams, issues after a few days of streaming

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Fri Nov 11 11:44:08 CET 2005

Sigmund Augdal Helberg wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 11:58 +0100, Thomas Kernen wrote:
>
>>I'm currently testing various HD streams from Astra and Hotbird such as
>>the Astra HD demo channel, Canal + Demo and HD Forum demo. In parallel I
>>  do have a few SD channels running (BBC World, Euronews).
>>
>>The box is a running Linux 2.6.12.1 and has 3 Skystar II rev 2.6B, vlc
>>0.8.2 and the last libdvbpsi from the svn.
>>
>>All is fine with my SD channels but the HD streams seem to die after a
>>few days. SDP still sees the announcements, the processes are still
>>running but the VLC client connecting to the multicast group never
>>receives the stream. The last message seen on the client is
>>"prebuffering", no TS over raw UDP and following steps are achieved.
>
> More interresting would be to know the last messages the server outputs.
> Also check if there are known problems with that card and it's drivers
> (check linuxtv.org for that).

I've not seen anything specific on the linuxtv.org website (had checked
before selecting the cards and have checked on a regular basis the
website for any updated info). I also tested with rev 2.6D (currently
the latest hardware version) and I have the same issue.

This is the output since the launch of the process a week ago. Verbose
was not enabled because there usually is too much data being outputed
when I'm running in non debug mode.

zara:/home/tkernen# vlc --color --ttl 2 --ts-es-id-pid --programs 9306
dvb:// --dvb-adapter=1 --dvb-satno=2 --dvb-frequency=12581000
--dvb-srate=22000000 --dvb-voltage=13 --dvb-budget-mode --sout
'#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,mux=ts,url=224.0.1.8:3001,sap,name="Canal+
HD Promo"},select="program=9306"}'
                                     VLC media player 0.8.2 Janus
Remote control interface initialized, `h' for help
[00000221] stream_out_standard private: SAP Enabled
[00000232] dvb access error: CAMInit: opening device failed (No such device)
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 7, expected 0)
for PID 17
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected 0)
for PID 0
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 2, expected 0)
for PID 1279
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected
0) for PID 1283
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 15, expected
0) for PID 1284
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 5, expected 0)
for PID 1286
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected
0) for PID 1282
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected
0) for PID 1281
[00000280] a52 packetizer: A/52 channels:2 samplerate:48000 bitrate:384000
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 13, expected
0) for PID 1287
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 12, expected
0) for PID 1288
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected
0) for PID 1290
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0xe284cbd9) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x426b02b9) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x6ccba1f6) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x4234ad46) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x90107642) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x728e58fe) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x9d656dab) !!!
libdvbpsi error (misc PSI): Bad CRC_32 (0x8864f085) !!!
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 12, expected
10) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 15, expected
13) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected 0)
for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 14, expected
2) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 11, expected
6) for PID 17
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 1, expected
15) for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 6, expected 5)
for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 13, expected
12) for PID 17
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 7)
for PID 18
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 5, expected 4)
for PID 1290
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 9, expected 7)
for PID 1286
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 6)
for PID 1280
libdvbpsi error (PSI decoder): TS discontinuity (received 8, expected 7)
for PID 1282

Thomas