[streaming] live streaming with VLC

keerthi.priyadharshini at wipro.com keerthi.priyadharshini at wipro.com
Wed Nov 30 11:00:43 CET 2005

Hi

I've installed VLC media player on fedora core 2. I've also installed qce webcam driver for my Logitech Quickcam express webcam. I'm looking to stream live video captured by my webcam to another machine. How do I go about doing this??

I used File->open capture device option in VLC media player and selected videoforlinux as MRL. I'm not sure how to go about the stream output settings. However,if i select 'rtp' along with the 'play locally' option and hit okay,nothing happens.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Keerthi

Confidentiality Notice