[streaming] Stream multiple files...

Mattia Roccoberton roccoberton at belcom.it
Tue Sep 6 12:23:03 CEST 2005

Hi all, I'm Mat and I'm new :)
My english is not perfect, so sorry in advance.
BTW I like VLC, it's good :)
I'm testing it for a video streaming application.
I have many questions... let's start with this:
- Can I stream multiple files continusly without breaking the connection
with MMS?

It's better if I write what I do in the command line...
    vlc --color --sout '#std{access=mmsh,mux=asf,url=:8080}' --no-sout-audio
Then in the VLC's interface:
    add 01.mov
Then in another machine I open WMP ( mms://MY_URL:8080 ) and it plays ok.
Again in the VLC's interface ( before 01.mov finish ):
    add 02.mov
Here the connection brokes :(

So I tryed the --sout-keep option...
I open WMP and it play the first movie then the video freeze, but the
connection is up and seems to go on streaming.

I would like to stream a first short movie file, then add another short
movie file... etc. without reconnecting.
- Is it possible?

Greetings,
-Mat-