[streaming] Re: Multicast using IPv6

Rémi Denis-Courmont rem at videolan.org
Thu Sep 22 17:34:27 CEST 2005

	Hello,

Le Mercredi 21 Septembre 2005 22:16, ananta attaluri a écrit :
> I am trying to stream an MPEG4 stream using VLC and I get this error
> message saying cannot open UDP socket. I am using the streaming
> wizard (also used stream output) to stream a video to
> [FF10:0:0:0:0:0:1] I get the following messages: Could anyone please
> tell me where I am going wrong.

FF10::/16 is not a valid multicast address space. There is no defined
semantics for multicast address with bit 12 set, and 0 (bits 13-16) is
not a valid multicast scope.

With address "[FF01:0:0:0:0:0:0:101]", the streaming wizard works fine
for me. Please retry with the latest development version.

--
Rémi Denis-Courmont
http://www.simphalempin.com/home/