[streaming] Problems streaming the somposite input from a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR 150

Thomas Haas HaasThomas at gmx.de
Fri Mar 24 18:14:12 CET 2006

Hello everybody,

i am completely new to VLC and i am currently trying to stream the input of
my WinTV PVR 150 over LAN via HTTP. I have connected a camera to the
composite input and i now try to get a picture in VLC.

I installed the modules ivtv (driver for the WinTV card) and the firmware. I
also installed the v4l2 module. All modules are running and i have a device
/dev/video0 which should be the TV card.

When i open the VLC and try to get a picture i get the following error
message:

[00000269] v4l demuxer error: mmap unsupported

This is the output with no audio device set.
When i set an existing audio device i get the following message:

[00000289] alsa audio output error: write failed (Datenübergabe unterbrochen
(broken pipe))

OK. The sound does not interest me because the camera i am using is a
digicam and it does not gave a microphone and for my applicaiton i just need
the pictures.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem with the unsupported mmap
? I read a lot about this problem in the internet but i could not find an
answer.

So thanks to all in advance

Thomas