[streaming] Re: VLC - DVB Memory leak?

Matthew Geier matthew at arts.usyd.edu.au
Thu Mar 30 22:36:33 CEST 2006

Sean Lowry wrote:
> I have tried 3 different linux distro with ggc3 + 4 and still having
> this issue running the latest libdvbpsi and the latest nightly of VLC.
>

> Does anyone have any ideas or anything?

  I think there is a memory leak in one of the DVB libraries - the
memory leak is worse if there are errors in the incoming DVB stream.

  Our Linux based dreambox STB's seem to suffer a similar problem and
often have to be rebooted after storms that affect the satelite signals.

  I'm thinking of ways to get my vlc based DVB-T streamer to kill and
restart vlc each night.