[streaming] How to select source interface when streaming

Thomas Kernen tkernen at deckpoint.ch
Sat Sep 1 08:00:58 CEST 2007

Krzysztof Czajka wrote:
> Thomas Kernen napisał(a):
>> Rémi Denis-Courmont wrote:

>>> It follows the routing table.
>>>
>> I actually meant for multicast traffic. Unicast was obvious but I
>> should have been more specific.
>

> Yes, multicast traffic also could be routed in routing table:
>
> /sbin/route add -net 224.0.0.0 netmask 240.0.0.0 dev eth0

I have this statement for eth0 anyhow I do see traffic moving between
the 2 interfaces. All routes are static and there is not dynamic routing
  enabled in this setup.

eth0 and eth1 are on 2 different subnets. Initially the traffic will be
routed over eth0 as expected, anyhow from time to time (appears to be
random/uncorrelated) packets are routed over eth1 instead.

Hence I was wondering if I was missing a parameter when launching the
streams that I may have overlooked.

Thomas