[streaming] what's up with ttl??

Anthony DeNardo ad3 at colostate.edu
Thu Sep 6 22:14:39 CEST 2007

I am streaming a multicast using the following command:

vlc -vvv pvr:/dev/video0 --sout
'#duplicate{dst=std{access=udp,ttl=42,mux=ts,dst=229.82.201.4:1234,sap,group="CSU_MIPTV",name="MTV"}}'
-I dummy &

however, when I sniff the traffic leaving the box, the ttl is equal to
1!!  anyone know why?

| Anthony Ben'jammin' DeNardo III                       |
| Network Multimedia Architect                          |
| Academic Computing & Networking Services              |
| Colorado State University                             |
| 970-297-3710                                          |
| ad3 at ColoState.EDU                                     |