[streaming] Is it possible to add a label for each frame When streaming a file out?

Xiaolin Cheng xiaolin.cheng at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 07:56:12 CEST 2007

Hello all,

I am using VideoLAN to stream a mpeg4 file ((File #1) to a client.

However, even the file (File #2) saved by VLC at the server has fewer frames
than the original (File #1) . When the client receives the file and saves it
as a local file on the disk ((File #3) , it has even fewer frames than File
#2.

All files are decoded by ffmpeg into a yuv file. Since I need to compute the
PSNR of two yuv files, it is hard to do this as these two files have
different number of frames.

I am asking if I can change the code to add label to each frame. Then I can
know what frames are lost during the streaming-out and network transmission.
When computing PSNR, the lost frames can be skipped.

Thank you very much for your help.