[streaming] Streaming TV to an IP via HTTP

schoappied schoappied at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 10:36:44 CET 2009

Hi,

I want to stream TV from my hauppauge pvr 150 TV card to my brothers
computer. He is in another country.

I tried a for a few hours, but I couldn't succeed yet.

This is how I watch TV normally:

#!/bin/sh
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -v width=720,height=576
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -s pal-b
v4l2-ctl -d /dev/video0 -i 0
ivtv-tune -d /dev/video0 -t europa-west -f 175.255
vlc pvr://

I tried some settings:

http://img690.imageshack.us/i/tv1v.png/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/tv2d.png/
http://img690.imageshack.us/i/tv3.png/
http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3070/tv4.png
http://img683.imageshack.us/i/tv5.png

I've forwarded to port 8080 on my PC. I use HTTP protocol.
What kind of IP addresses should I use, where and which format?
Do I need 192.168.x.xxx or an external IP address?
Where do I put my IP address, and where the one of my brother?

How is he possible to receive the signal?

Thanks in advance,

~ D