[Translators] what is the sense of "clean effects" in audio menu ?

Cristian Secară orice at secarica.ro
Thu Dec 31 19:32:19 CET 2009

While watching at a multilingual DVB-C program, I noticed something that
I might have mistaken on my translation.

I receive a DVB-C program (Universal) which contains two audio
streams. The text under the Audio menu -> Audio Tracks has three
positions:
  Disable
  clean effects - [Polski]
  clean effects - [Română]
For for a reason I don't know, what on other programs is shown as
"Track x" here is called "clean effects".

I don't really care about the reason, but I am not sure what is the
correct sense on this menu:
- is this an action ? i.e. something like "click this in order to
clean the effects" (what effects ?)
- is this a status report ? i.e. something like "these are some clean
effects" (again, what effects ?)

This string is in the .po file and I am not sure if I have translated
correctly.

??

Thank you and a happy new year !!
Cristi